Be aware of the following:
Okay, the burgers are good (what I think is a dubious distinction, at best), but anyone not from the area eating here (by the way, I live about five blocks away, and not many locals eat there) should be aware of the following:
Read more at newyork.citysearch.com
1. The clientele: Lots of SUVs and new gas guzzlers in the parking lot should give you some idea. Lots of too loud, cell phone talking (really yelling) mooks. The fact that they can afford (see my next comment) to eat here says something bad about our economy. It's funny, but the JH in the city attracts a pretty yuppie-ish crowd, who apparently don't need to make the trip out here.
2. Price: If you want to pay $25 for a burger, etc. for dinner, or $20 for a nice breakfast, this is your place! The prices are way out of line with the other local places, and definitely too high.
3. Service: It's good, but any 21st century woman will notice that the wait staff (exclusively female) are clearly chosen for their physical attributes, rather than their abilities (perhaps explaining the SUVs and the mook factor). Of course, everyone behind the counter are hispanic.
4. Food: It is really good, for what it is. Specialities incluse anything feed-fried and/or covered with cheese. Again, if that's your thing, come right in. Salads? Not exactly done right. I recall ordering a Greek salad, that came without any peppers or anchovy, but did have big chunks of carrot, it really should be on the menu as a "greek" salad.
5. By no means every get a delivery or pick up without checking the food!! I can't emphasize this enough. They will screw up any non-on site order because they clearly don't care about those orders. The last time I picked up an order there (a $20 breakfast), I had to remind them to make my drink, and when I got home my toast was white (I asked for wheat), and there was no jelly, even though I made a point of asking for it on the phone (and the person taking the order read it back to me). Not good.