Medigap Insurance Policies: Where Will Retirement Take You?
When you turn 65 you have a lot of details that you need to deal with concerning your retirement. First, you must decide if you will retire at age 65 and the most important decision is, where you will retire. Whether it is a place with palm trees and an ocean view or a majestic view of the mountains, you still must decide. In addition you
must also decide how you are going to take care of your medical expenses when
the time comes. Granted you will automatically have traditional Medicare
once you turn 65 as long as you qualify, but there is something else you need to consider as
well. The decision to get one of the many Medigap Insurance policies to
go along with your Medicare Insurance will be one of the biggest decisions you will make, other than your senior mortgage loan.
Traditional Medicare comes in two parts, Part A that is essentially your hospitalization coverage, and Part B that is your Medical coverage. Part A will cover things like the obvious, hospitalizations in addition it will cover emergency services as well as
nursing care facilities. Part B will cover doctor visits, outpatient care
and medical equipment. Part B requires a monthly premium payment, which
can be taken care of through your private Medicare Supplement Plans health insurance agent. It also requires co-payments and deductibles. Traditional Medicare will cover 80% of approved procedures and services, leaving you with the remaining 20%.
On the first day of the month that you turn 65 and you are enrolled in
traditional Medicare part A and B, which means you are eligible to enroll in a
Medicare Supplement Insurance plan (MEDIGAP). This plan will help offset your 20% of medical services and procedures. Once you have Medigap coverage you will be
charged a simple monthly premium and your portion of medical services will be
covered 100%. That is great news and the other great news is that if you
enroll during the open enrollment phase you are guaranteed coverage without
having to go through the medical underwriting process. So regardless of
the condition of your health you are covered. This coverage could save
you hundreds of dollars in the long run.
You can also visit: